SIGN ON BONUS:$2,500
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Firefighter/Paramedics under general supervision perform fire prevention, fire suppression, hazardous material incident response and emergency rescue and Advance Life Support medical assistance duties to protect life and property; performs related responsibilities as required.
- Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and pre-fire planning inspections
- Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors, conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public education standbys
- Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire alarms
- Assist in the suppression of structural, residential, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle, aircraft and Wildland fires; applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire
- Operate various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; search and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations
- Provide written reports detailing specific firefighting and rescue actions taken on scene
- Respond to emergency medical calls; performs primary and secondary physical assessment of ill or injured persons, providing emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on scene and in a moving vehicle
- Treat patients in accordance with established Emergency Medical Service Protocols and Rural/Metro Fire Department policy
- Provide written reports detailing patient care
- May serve as a preceptor for paramedic and EMT-B trainees
- May be assigned primary duties as an emergency medical technician paramedic on 911 or transport ambulance
- Under a physician’s direction, provides treatment or directs response team in the administration of medications, intravenous solutions, respiratory assistance, EKG monitoring, telemetry transmissions and other life support procedures
- Ensure all vehicle and equipment discrepancies are documented and reported to the on-duty Fire Captain
- Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to; live fire drills, performance evaluation drills, ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA drills, EMS major skills and any other mandatory Company training
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implement corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee
- Cooperate with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues
- Take swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern
- State, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System (ProBoard) certifications as a minimum: Firefighter I/II, Hazardous Materials-Operations
- State issued or National Registered EMT-Paramedic
- Current AHA ACLS certification
- Current AHA CPR certification
- Current AHA PALS certification
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in accordance with Rural/Metro policyAble to work any shift assigned, including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed on an emergency basis
- High School diploma or GED required