Job Description Summary : JOB SUMMARY
Compassionately responds to emergent and non-emergent calls for medical assistance, and transportation. Delivers high-quality basic and advanced patient care to the level of certification and according to Company policies and protocols in a professional, safe, caring, and cost-effective manner.
• Assess each call situation to determine the best course of action; utilizes medical equipment including defibrillator, EKG monitor, ventilators, IV pumps, hemodynamic monitoring devices, advanced airway adjuncts/procedures, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids and medications; performs CPR and other medical procedures as required to provide advanced medical care in accordance with training and established clinical protocols, safety requirements and standard operating procedures.
• Utilize and interpret common laboratory reports.
• Manage complicated pharmacologic infusions.
• Utilize advanced surgical procedures, e.g., escharotomy, cricothyrotomy.
• Perform treatments and procedures in accordance with a Paramedic CCT level of certification and according to local policies and medical protocols.
• Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
• Communicate with receiving facility for medical direction and to provide critical information.
• Communicate with patient, loved ones and others in various environments to collect necessary data and to explain procedures and processes in a professional, calm, and thoughtful manner.
• Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
• Drive the ambulance and other company vehicles; provide map reading or directional assistance utilizing other navigation devices, accurately discern street signs and address numbers to minimize call response time.
• Continuously maintain all required certifications; attend and complete all required training.
• Communicate with dispatch personnel to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
• Monitor and maintain the general condition of the ambulance.
• Participate in and ensure that beginning of shift procedures are accurately completed and documented daily.
• Check and monitor the condition and state of readiness of equipment throughout the shift and report any issues to the on-duty Supervisor.
• Assist as necessary with cleaning the ambulance inside and outside in accordance with Risk and Safety guidelines and local policies to ensure a sanitary and safe environment for all passengers and patients and to promote a positive Company image in the community.
• Assist as necessary to restock supplies and ensure the ambulance is fueled and ready for the next shift.
• Accurately document all patient assessments and care provided during each call via the Company’s platform; ensure all relevant patient data is collected and entered for appropriate billing.
• Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute and turnaround times.
• Consider patient status, insurance, and preferred facilities when determining transport destinations.
• Ability to work past scheduled shift end time with little or no notice.
• Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all internal co-workers, external allied health staff, and public safety personnel.
• Report immediately to the on-duty supervisor and or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
• Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate and expedient manner.
• Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient’s condition and to the treatment given.
• Communicate clearly and precisely via phone or radio with Communications Center personnel, receiving facilities or other EMS providers as to the status of patient.
• Negotiate with customers regarding additional services when appropriate, e.g., return transport.
• Meet and communicate with existing customers/staff including skilled nursing, assisted living and hospital facilities to ensure the Company is meeting their needs and determine if additional services can be provided. Report these interactions to the Operations and Account Managers regularly.
• Actively solicit new business opportunities from facilities the Company is not currently providing services for. Report in additional services to the Operations and Account Managers regularly.
• Coach and educate partners of new and changing information, as necessary.
• Participate in community programs to maintain the Company’s image and foster strong community relations.
• Adhere to and comply with all Company and information systems security requirements and procedures.
• Arrive for duty appropriately groomed and in the proper work dress/uniform
• Perform other duties as assigned
Experience: Must be at least 18 years of age; 3 to 5 years of
experience as a field Paramedic.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
Some advanced education preferred.
Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong
listening and comprehension skills. Ability to adapt to quickly evolving situations. Strong decision-making skills.
Credentials/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with an MVR that meets Company
Standards. State Paramedic CCT Certification, BLS/CPR, ACLS, ITLA, PHTLS, ATLS, PALS, PEPP and PCC certifications. Other certifications if required by local City, County or State | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Working Conditions: Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays. Extended workdays. Long periods inside the ambulance. May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather. Possible routine exposure to moderate noise levels. May periodically work in poorly lit environments in a moving vehicle.
Physical Demands: Must successfully pass the Company’s Physical Agility
Test Moderate to extended amounts of sitting, standing, and walking. Some repetitive motion activities. Routinely lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance. Pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying, typing and stair climbing. Visual identification of color-coded items. Clear speech and hearing. Must be able to wear a face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when required.
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and
reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations. Compassion and empathy.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Field Operations Supervisor
Interrelationships: Operations and Administration Management, Dispatch and