Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency and non-emergency medical dispatchers!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Dispatch Intermediate functions primarily as a telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving and dispatching emergency and non-emergency calls to field BLS, ALS, First Responder, and Fire Rescue units.
• Receive and record incoming emergency and non-emergency calls, manage requests for ambulance assistance and/or transport from various sources, and offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
• Utilize a sophisticated system status management program to monitor and direct the location and movement of units.
• Allocate resources to match dynamic system demands and input applicable information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
• Maintain current knowledge of the EMS services available in the area, including their capabilities, limitations, locations, and accessibility.
• Locate incident scenes and select the safest and fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
• Act as a liaison between local 911 centers, field personnel, and the Communications Center.
• Maintain professional communication with all employees and customers, to include patients, facilities, and public service agencies.
• Accurately complete all shift paperwork, including status and call time reports.
• Assist with data collection for patient billing purposes.
• Maintain current working knowledge of all company policies, protocols, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
• Complete a company-approved Emergency Medical Dispatch certification program within 12 months of starting the position.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Minimum 6 months of prior Dispatch experience.
• Superior phone correspondence and customer service experience.
• Prior EMS experience as an EMT, Paramedic, or Firefighter preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of communications equipment.
• Exceptional knowledge of local city and county geography.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
• Ability to quickly and accurately read maps.
• Ability to distinguish between and identify different colors on a computer screen.
• Emergency Medical Dispatch Advanced (EMDA) certification preferred.
• CPR and ICS certifications preferred.
• EMT or Paramedic license preferred. | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Rotating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
• Dimly lit or dark office environment.
• Use of phones, computers, and printers.
• Prolonged periods of sitting.
• Hearing, listening, speaking, seeing.
• Problem-solving, reasoning, decision-making.
• Complex reading and writing, memorization, math skills.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Dispatch Supervisor, Dispatch Lead, and/or Communications Manager
Interrelationships: EMTs, Paramedics, CCT RNs, Firefighters, Supervisors, Managers, Dispatchers.
If your passion is coordinating patient care missions where every second counts, apply today!