JOB TITLE: Screener
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
The AMR Screener will be responsible for providing gateway pre-entry screening services for employees, visitors, contractors, and vendors needing access to AMR facilities. This position will utilize pre-approved processes requiring verbal, visual, and computer skills to ensure compliance with GMR Corporate pre-entry processes and delivers high quality customer service within company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with Employee / Visitor Screening Processes as outlined in GMR Corporate procedures and local AMR Operational guidelines.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy and procedure.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the on duty Supervisor or Operations leadership.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniform standards.
- Attends / complies with all mandatory in-service training.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied company personnel, visitors, vendors, and contractors.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation as applicable to assigned post.
- Adheres to protocols established for application of FAST and MAST Tools, as applicable.
- Uses/operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as an infrared thermometer.
- Communicates verbally with other company personnel, visitors, vendors, and contractors as required to complete screening processes.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and complies with all information systems security and policies.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Effective oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Facility with keyboard entry computer systems and Internet access applications, including but not limited to Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are ability to remain seated for prolonged periods of time, and condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times
- Must be able to lift and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. American Medical Response reserves the right to modify position descriptions, policies, or any other procedural documents at any time, for any reason, without prior notice. AMR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.