Job Title: Emergency Vehicle Operator Course Instructor (EMT- B)
Reports To: Field/Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Emergency Vehicle Operator Course Instructor position is designed to certify the student to instruct emergency vehicle operations (EVOC). Participants will also develop classroom presentation skills by learning and delivering presentations to new employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Demonstrate proper operating techniques of an emergency vehicle.
- Teach, monitor, evaluate, and critique the individual student's performance in all vehicle cone pattern exercises.
- Identify vehicle defects and document required repairs.
- Set up and maintain driving course prior to and at the end of each instruction session. Check the course for hazards, removing those hazards prior to the start of each class and during the class.
- Develop and update the Program's various driving courses to meet current traffic safety trends.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Unlock and set up the EVOC classroom and EVOC Cone Course
- Able to document complete and accurate information.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
- Attends any mandatory meetings and continuing education classes and maintains any necessary certificates as required.
- Work well together with others in a team setting.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift 50 lbs, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- Must be a full time Employee for either the AV, SCV/NoHo, or SGV Division.
- Have a minimum of one-year of experience as an emergency vehicle operator.
- Have zero vehicle contacts in the past year.
- Have no corrective actions in the past year.
- Have a good attitude and be a good role model for the new hires.
- Be available to teach at least one EVOC Class/Cone Course every month.
- Be available to attend all three EVOC instructor training days