Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
• Transport bodies between homes/hospitals/accident scenes to the medical examiners facilities in a timely manner.
• Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities, and home addresses.
• Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each transport.
• Ensure van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit clean.
• Must know and use Standard Codes in radio transmission.
• Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each shift.
• Report mechanical problems to Fleet Manager.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
• Ability to work around others, extended day, inside and outside, other hazardous conditions, human excrement and body fluids.
• Manage disposable supplies; e.g. protective personal equipment, body bags; maintain durable equipment, use time clock.
• Use stretcher, hydraulic lift, wheelchair lift, radio.
• Ability to read maps to locate hospitals and medical facilities
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Prefer experience from health care environment, mortuary or medical examiner’s office.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Valid Driver’s License
• Valid CPR card
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
• Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
• Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled