Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, dispatchers, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
As a liaison between GMR Communication Centers and our contract facilities, you will work to build trusting relationships and assure that patient movement is a seamless process performed in a safe, timely, and appropriate manner. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Transportation Coord (TC) will receive process and coordinate medical and non-medical transports as required for local healthcare systems and skilled nursing facilities. The TC will work closely with non-GMR personnel and interact directly with clinical and social work staff at various facilities.
• Assist hospital staff with Level of Service (LOS). determination to help both the Hospital Staff and the Ambulance Crew understand why patient is moving at an appropriate LOS in real time.
• Ensure that all appropriate paperwork has been filled out and is complete and correct. While you will not fill out Hospital responsible paperwork, you should make sure it is in order and ready for the crew prior to transport (Ex: Physician Certification Statement (PCS) and any other paperwork that should accompany patient).
• Assist hospital team with patient movement to designated discharge unit.
• Coordinate and order Ambulance/CCT(s) for all applicable discharges.
• Assist in the elimination of delays to keep patient movement a seamless process.
• Provide information regarding transportation services to physicians and nursing personnel in hospital and healthcare facilities throughout the state.
• Provide patients with detailed information regarding the transport and advise transportation staff on medical needs of the patient during their transport (requires knowledge of the patient's medical records).
• Utilize information received from healthcare provider, patient, or family to coordinate medical and non-medical transportation.
• Recommend the appropriate unit(s) to respond based upon the type of call, priority, and availability of unit(s).
• Ask pertinent questions to determine type of transport needed, billing information, and destination of transport.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with GMR Dispatch centers and customer communications centers to ensure on-time performance and quality customer service.
• Suggest routes for medical and non-medical units to follow.
• Interact with GMR dispatch centers to ensure proper unit utilization.
• Report unusual incidents to duty supervisors as appropriate.
• Prepare timely and accurate paperwork as required.
• Serve as the Liaison between GMR and healthcare facilities.
• Assist with billing-related questions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 1 Year of related experience providing dispatching and/or transportation services to hospital patients.
• 2 Years of EMS industry experience preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
• Must be familiar with local geography
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
• Must Type 30 WPM
• Must have effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to Multitask
• EMD/EMT Certified preferred | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• The dispatch office is in a controlled temperature setting and under fluorescent lighting. Work is performed in a confined environment and can be highly stressful at times and plays a critical role in Public Safety delivery. Must take information from callers who may be excited, abusive, incoherent, ETOH and/or hysterical.
• Environment requires handling multiple tasks and prioritizing while dealing with frequent interruptions.
• This position requires frequent sitting in front of computer monitors, with frequent and simultaneous using the phone, radio and computers, and monitoring multiple computer screens. This position requires the ability to work in close quarters and wear a telephone headset. This position requires occasional to moderate bending and twisting of the neck. This position may require occasional lifting of no more than 10 lbs. This position requires frequent simple grasping of both the left and right hands, as well as frequent computer typing. This position may require occasional pushing or pulling or reaching above or below shoulder level.
• This position requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish color), and the ability to adjust focus.
• The position requires the ability to compare, analyze, communicate, coordinate, evaluate, instruct, and negotiate. This position requires strong interpersonal skills.
• Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence (addresses, patient & transport information). Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Operations/ Communications Supervisor
If your passion is helping others and you would like to help in providing a comfortable transport, apply today!