Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The EMT/Medic Lead is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations including facilitation of communication between field staff and leadership, interfacing with communications and other AMR entities, system status monitoring and making time critical decisions, reporting of daily issues and achievements to leadership, acting as a role model to field employees and providing coaching opportunities when standards are not upheld, appropriately escalating any out of league needs to the appropriate operations supervisor, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Operations Supervisors.
• Monitor, communicate, and support field staff in their daily tasks and goals
• Liaison with field staff, AMR communications, healthcare facilities, patient’s families and appropriately resolve or escalate issues as needed to the appropriate AMR personnel.
• Ensure appropriate system status management goals are being upheld by the communications center by monitoring system status and engaging directly with the communications center to pre-assign, reassign, and divert crews as needed to the most appropriate calls for service
• Ensure timely and proper deployment of field staff on assigned units.
• Ensure general building and operations site cleanliness
• Ensure that all in service units are in a serviceable condition and ready for deployment at any given time.
• Keep thorough and complete records of all issued equipment and be accountable for its return at the end of employees shifts
• Assist road crews and supervisory staff with ensuring PCR transmission by road crews
• Ensure staff are adhering to AMR values by coaching and praise – escalate any deficiencies requiring corrective action to the appropriate supervisory staff.
• Be available to assist crews in the field as a lift assist, operations car or other roles as needed/directed by supervisory staff.
• Ensure adequate operational inventory is available for daily deployments. Any deficiencies should be escalated to appropriate supervisory staff.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and standards. Coach and/or report any violations of policy immediately to a supervisor
• Perform direct patient care activities as needed/requested
• Remain flexible with schedule availability to include days, nights, and/or weekends based on operational needs
• Serve on committees and assist in generating process improvement ideas
• Perform other related duties as requested by the operations supervisors
• Be able to provide additional work availability during times of disaster (natural or manmade) or during times of anticipated volume surge.
• Comply with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.).
• Ensure prompt reporting and escalation of any workplace injuries, vehicle incidents, property/equipment damage.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Education: Three years EMS experience required; preferably with some leadership experience. Background in transport EMS or equivalent strongly preferred
Skills: Three years EMS experience required; preferably with some leadership experience. Background in transport EMS or equivalent strongly preferred. Must be able to function as a field provider at either the ALS or BLS level and maintain all associated certifications. Must be able to drive an ambulance and have a driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Microsoft office experience. Introductory knowledge of system status management is preferred. Effective oral and written and Interpersonal communication skills.
Credentials/Licenses: High school diploma or GED. Current eligibility to perform as an ALS/BLS provider with AMR is required | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical Demands: Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test. Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times. Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled