Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled Paramedic Field Training Officers!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Field Training Officer provides Pre-hospital care staff with the support, information education and training necessary to provide high-quality Pre-hospital and inter-facility care. FTO’s must possess the ability to perform thorough employee evaluations. FTO’s are able to quickly and efficiently communicate solutions for improvement to employees in the evaluation/remediation process. FTO’s act as a resource to all field and management staff that has clinical, policy, or protocol questions.
• Make recommendations to the Training Manager and Clinical Specialist to improve various aspects of the training and QA/QI programs (This may include changes in specific study materials, technology, and standard operating policies, procedures, education, and training
• Communicate company goals and standards of excellence through exemplary daily job performance, attitude, initiative, and demeanor
• Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol
• Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG Monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advance medical care
• Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls
• Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements
• Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care
• Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information
• Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given and to show compassion
• Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management as needed
• Drive the ambulance or provide map-reading support to minimize call response time
• Current on certifications
• Coach and educate partners of new and changing information as necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Full-time employee
• One-year Paramedic field experience with six-month experience in the respective operation
• No corrective action received within the previous six-month period to application (clinical/corrective)
• Proficient understanding of Operation and County protocols, geography, AMR’s Policies and Procedures and AMR Health and Safety Manual
• Prior EMS teaching/mentoring/preceptor experience (preferred)
• Participation in a State Assistant Instructor course (preferred)
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Effective oral, written, and inter-personal communication skills
• Current Paramedic Certification
• Current ACLS Card
• Current Driver’s License
• Instructor Certification in one of the following (ACLS, PLAS, or BTLS) | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequently: See Physical Agility Test; kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, and multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram)
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
If your passion is caring for people in need, this is the perfect opportunity to make a difference in your community. Apply today!