AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: EMT Basic, Part-Time
LOCATION: Santa Barbara, CA*
*Please note that incumbents could be asked to work in both North or South Santa Barbara County, depending on current business needs.
As an employee of a primary 911 operation, you will be required to provide direct patient care, including ALS and BLS medical evaluation, treatment, stabilization and transport of the ill and injured; respond to emergency rescue situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintain scene control, manage and direct patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital emergency; act as a patient advocate to ensure compassionate and clinically sound care is provided by all; provide training and instruction to allied agencies and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Operates a company motor vehicle in accordance with all state and company policies and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor any problems, discrepancies or unusual occurrences in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- CA State EMT Card
- CA Driver's License
- CA Ambulance License
- American Heart Association BLS Card
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving Policy (proof will be required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Ability Test (PAT).
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.