Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Provide maximum opportunity for parent-child contact and for parents to demonstrate responsibility for the child. Educate all parties involved of the visitation plans as well as visitation guidelines, limitations and responsibilities of all parties.
• Document visits without bias or personal beliefs using professional documentation practices in accepted format and medium.
• Always ensure the safety of children.
• Always allow natural parent-child interactions.
• Resolve conflict and de-escalate situations effectively.
• Document a child’s behavior on route to the visit, the parent’s reaction to the child, parent’s behavior during the visit, child’s reaction to seeing birth parents, child/parent separation behavior.
• Ensure all visit notes are detailed, accurate, and submitted timely Communicate all issues to your direct Supervisor immediately.
• Conduct vehicle check prior to start of day.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 1-year experience in Human Service field preferred.
• High School Graduate, some college, degree preferred.
• All ComTrans driving positions are required to be at least 21 years old as required by insurance. Exceptions may be made for non-driving positions on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon the position and its responsibilities. All employees working in ComTrans DCS Division must pass DCS Central Registry Check
• Valid driver’s license
• Current Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card Pass initial MVR-60-month (5 year) history check Pass MVR 36-month (3 year) history check twice each year
• Approved by our insurance company as a driver.
• Company Provided Training/Certifications First Aid/CPR Crisis Prevention and Intervention.
• Complete ComTrans Driver Certification Training Program. | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Able to work in a variety of environments; inside and outside, able to tolerate a variety of climate changes and conditions
Ability to stand, climb stairs/steps, escort clients to and from destination, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arms.
Able to grasp objects such as steering wheel, car seats, etc
Sit in a driving or sitting position from 1 to up to 12 hours.
Able to get in and out of vehicles multiple times per day Assisting students/clients in and out of the vehicle’s multiple times each day.
Able to bend, kneel and secure wheelchairs and clients multiple times per day.
Ability to lift or move at least 40 pounds Ability to carry, lift and install child seats into vehicles and secure children into child seats.
When required, able to pass a Department of Transportation physical exam initially and upon expiration.
Mental Requirements: [e.g., Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.]
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.