Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Provides direct patient care in accordance with company protocols and/or online medical direction. Assists with the coverage of open shifts as needed in the assigned area.
• (Duties and Responsibilities in order of importance with minimum of not less than 5%, and maximum not to exceed 50%)
• Transport patients to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely manner.
• Monitor & maintain the general condition of the unit, including completing the mechanical checklist for the vehicle at the start of each shift, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response in order to maintain the image of AMR.
• Assist the EMT-B with the preparation of the patient for transport.
• Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
• Communicate with the patient & loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given and to show compassion.
• Communicate with dispatch to receive and understand call data and customer feedback
• Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
• Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities and patient home addresses.
Experience: Safe driving record; service oriented work experience; Veterans preferred
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED); must be at least 18 years of age;
Skills: Reading maps to locate addresses; effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills; pass physical agility test;
Credentials/Licenses: CPR certification, First Responder Certification, Valid State Driver’s License, and Valid County PTC License.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical Demands: Smelling, walking inside & outside. Lifting 200 lbs., pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, hearing, listening, clear speech; touching, multiple activities at the same time, e.g. carrying equipment, pushing or pulling a stretcher. Driving, seeing, reaching, sitting.
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. | Job Description : GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
If your passion is helping and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!