Covid-19 Screening and Support Team/EMT
Reports To: Mobile Health Care Manager/Supervisor
Department: Mobile Health
This EMT positon has been developed to assist with performing on-site medical screenings (collections) specifically for Covid-19, to respond to non-emergency calls for Covid-19 positive patients that need to be transferred to receiving facilities (evacuations) as well as providing on-site PPE education to healthcare workers all while delivering high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols, and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Don and Doff EMT PPE as required within the protocol for performing medical screenings (CDC guidance)
- Conducts specimen collections using nasopharyngeal swabs at Covid-19 community testing sites
- Be able to communicate with the general public in a calm and collected manner
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Presents self in a highly professional manner
- Maintain thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in the system in which assigned
- Maintain awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy
- Maintain the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned
- Complete all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the workspace to which assigned
- Report all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Mobile Health Care Manager or the Supervisor
- Maintain a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniform standards.
- Attend all mandatory in-services
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with medical providers and personnel
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shifts on time with satisfactory regularity
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass the screening process provided at the PAT
- Position may be outdoors or indoors and wearing PPE for long periods of time
- Employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- CA Drivers’ License
- State of California EMT License
- CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
- IS-100B (ICS 100)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- IS-700A (NIMS)
- IS-800B (NIMS)