Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical professionals and leaders!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Driver Non-Emergency loads and transport vehicles (Ambulances, Trailers, Cars and Trucks) to various locations throughout the USA. This position will require Class A CDL with a good driving record required. Additionally, drivers will have frequent contact with both company leadership corporate customers and are expected to be courteous, well-groomed and productive. The vehicle must always be operated in a safe courteous manner and kept neat clean and sanitary . Success can be realized by ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction, developing/retaining profitable market share, increasing non-acquisition growth and embracing GMR’s mission.
• Transport vehicles using company owned class 8 truck and car trailer.
• Perform daily DOT safety inspections and AMR inspection on company truck, trailer, equipment and load.
• Will be required to accurately maintain required documentation and invoices for vehicles, expenses, driver logs and DOT regulations.
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
• Comply with DOT rules and regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Document and log work/rest periods through E-Log system.
• Inspect vehicles for defects and damages prior to loading. Deliver vehicles to customers damage free and in a safe and timely manner.
• Perform pre-trip vehicle safety inspections and properly secure vehicles with strap and tie down devices in safe a condition and replace those that are damaged or show wear.
• Report all accidents and/or violations.
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High school diploma or GED
• Required: Pass a background check w/ no criminal felonies- will be evaluated on a case to case basis
• Required: Pass pre-employment drug screen and physical agility test with ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Required: Good Driving Record (No more than 1 major violation on license in the previous 5 years. Driving record will be verified)
• Required: Must possess Class A CDL with 5-year or more current OTR with tractor/trailer verifiable experience.
• Must have an acceptable MVR, no careless or reckless charges, no more than two moving violations and one at fault accident in the past 3 years
• Must have current DOT medical certification
• Must be able to speak and write English
• Maintain the highest level of professionalism
• Basic understanding of truck maintenance
• All drivers must have or be able to obtain a TWIC badge
• Car Hauling: 2 years (Preferred)
• Must be willing to travel
• Local and Long-Haul with overnight in sleeper of truck
• Ability to operate a 10-car truck/trailer
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to be on time and reliable; ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of DOT regulations | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
• Constantly: Works around others and verbal contact with others.
Occasionally: Extended day.
Constantly: Works alone, with and around others, face-to-face and with verbal contact.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Station Manager
Interrelationships: Fleet Maintenance
If your passion is helping to build a better tomorrow in the EMS community, apply today!