Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots, dispatchers and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
It is the responsibility of the Call Taker functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. The Call Taker will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
• Respond to customer needs accordingly.
• Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by GMR) as a minimum standard of care.
• Allocates EMS (Emergency Medical Services) resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision-making rules and approved protocols.
• Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
• Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
• Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
• Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the safest, fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
• Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency information.
• Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
• Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests for service.
• Responsible for knowledge and use of equipment, including but not limited to the computer, printers, 911 equipment, recording devices, telephones, and other equipment as assigned by superiors.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education, conferences, and seminars.
• Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• One(1) Year as an EMS or Public Safety Dispatcher
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Skilled in reading and writing English
• Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone.
• Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
• Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
• Ability to understand basic computer applications.
Credentials/Licenses: | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Communications Manager/Supervisor
If your passion assisting with helping the community in their time of need where every second counts, apply today!