AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: Paramedic Basic, Full-Time & Part-Time
LOCATION: Moorpark, CA (Ventura County)
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
- Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications.
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
- Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
- Reports immediately to the on-duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
- Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
- Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members (including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- CA State Paramedic Card
- CA State Driver's License
- Ambulance Driver's License
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- BLS, ACLS, & PALS Provider Cards (AHA Only)
- High School Diploma or GED (some advanced education preferred).
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Some past work experience, preferably in the healthcare field.
- Ability to successfully pass a Physical Agility Test.
- Good physical stamina, endurance, and a body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Ability to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.