AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: EMT Basic, Temporary Full-Time
LOCATION: Oxnard, CA (Ventura County)
This is a temporary position that will primarily involve assisting the public with COVID-19 testing within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies. Temporary employees will receive priority to interview for regular Full-Time positions once available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the quarters to which assigned.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Technician or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Maintains a level of physical fitness consistent with Physical Ability Testing.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Adheres to medical treatment protocols.
- Ability to stand outdoors for long periods of time and work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
- Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
- Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
- Report information systems security problems
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have current Emergency Medical Technician certification for the state of California, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification, California Driver’s License, and driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Occasionally: Smelling.
- Frequently: See Physical Agility Test, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram).
- Constantly: Standing for long periods of time while outdoors, earing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing.
- Occasionally: Reading (simple and complex), writing (complex), memorization, analyzing, math skills (simple).
- Frequently: Writing (simple), judgement, reasoning.
- Constantly: Decision making.
- Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, patient care
- Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, boredom, intense tasks, extended hours.
- Occasionally: Wheelchair, medications, monitor/defibrillator, suction equipment, airway equipment, Telephone, vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment, protective devices, protective clothing.
- Frequently: IV Supplies, bandaging, disposable supplies, durable equipment.
- Constantly: Gurney, maps, pager, trauma bag/box.
- Occasionally: Works alone, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions (human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue, asbestos)
- Frequently: Electrical equipment.
- Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others, works outside, shift work, extended hours.