AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: EMT Basic, Full-Time & Part-Time
LOCATION: Concord, CA (Contra Costa County)
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
*Applicants will not be considered without the following:
- CA Driver's License
- CA State EMT Card
- Ambulance Driver's License
- BLS Card (American Heart Association)
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Proof of vaccines, to include: TDaP, TB testing, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chicken Pox), and Influenza. Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccines in progress will be accepted.
- Minimum 6 months of prior EMT work experience.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made).
Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.