AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: Paramedic Basic, Full-Time & Part-Time
LOCATION: Concord, CA (Contra Costa County)
The mission and purpose of an AMR Paramedic is to compassionately deliver high-quality service as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring, and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advanced patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements. Assess each call situation to determine best course of action.
- Communicate with patients, family members, dispatch, and medical staff/facilities to provide critical information & ensure that AMR is meeting customer needs. Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including (but not limited to) defibrillators, EKG monitors, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, and CPR.
- Safely operate an ambulance and provide map-reading support to minimize call response time. Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keeping it clean and stocked for optimal efficiency.
- Document activities regarding patient care and billing to ensure appropriate information is available for each call.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR's image and establish strong community relations.
- Adhere to all company policies/procedures and maintain all required Paramedic certifications.
- Perform other Paramedic duties as assigned.
- CA State Paramedic Card
- CA Driver’s License
- Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association Certifications:
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, BTLS/PHTLS
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some advanced education preferred.
- Past work experience in healthcare preferred.
- Ability to pass a Physical Agility Test (including, but not limited to: lifting, carrying, dragging, walking, and balance).
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye & skin coloration due to patient's condition and treatment administered.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
- Driving Record must be in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made).