Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical professionals and leaders!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Specialist POD is responsible for the management of assigned accounts requiring further efforts to set up self-pay arrangements by researching the patients file for billing information and making patient contact. The Specialist POD provides direct patient services in accordance with company protocols and/or online medical direction.
• Gathers information necessary to bill the appropriate payer or make determination that an account is or is not collectable.
• Examines the patient record and/or research all avenues in order to gather information.
• Compares file to information in billing software program to assure correct information is entered.
• Runs reports for files to pull for pre-collections.
• Makes patient contact by calling patient or family member, internet searches, checking Social Security Death index for patient date of death and running credit reports on accounts when unable to locate the patient.
• Bills the appropriate payer.
• Monthly monitors the patient’s files in order to set up and continue payment arrangements.
• Management of assigned regional/local accounts.
• Follows self-pay billing process, follows accounts and makes necessary contacts with the proper payer or the patient to assure maximum reimbursement.
• Sets up and follows payments on self-pay cases.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of health care billing procedures, documentation and standards.
• Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, power point, access).
• Ability to calculate number, correct entries, and post to records.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Frequently: Intense tasks, busy environment.
Constantly: High pressure. | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
• Frequently: Works alone, face-to-face contact with others.
• Constantly: Works around others, verbal contact with others, inside.
Occasionally: Extended day.
Constantly: Works alone, with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact, inside.
• Occasionally: Walking inside, carrying no greater than 25 pounds, kneeling, stooping, bending, and leaning.
• Frequently: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, typing.
• Constantly: Sitting, seeing, reading.
Frequently: Analyzing, decision making.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing skills, clerical, memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills, judgement, reasoning.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: PODs’ Team Supervisor
Interrelationships: Operations/Operations Management
If your passion is helping to build a better tomorrow in the EMS community, apply today!