Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Maintenance General
REPORTS TO: Facilities Supervisor
LOCATION: Mineral Wells
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: Utilize basic facilities maintenance knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing facility. Primarily perform repairs on electric, plumbing, sewer and drain, HVAC, landscape, cleaning and other facility systems. Will work with Facilities maintenance team in support of manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain landscaping and general appearance of buildings and property.
- Perform repairs on electrical, plumbing, sewer and drain, HVAC and other systems.
- Work with contracted vendors for supplies and services as required.
- Assist in ordering and maintain appropriate stocking quantities of consumable supplies required for ambulances.
- Assist in the coordinate and oversee distribution of consumable supplies for outlying stations.
- Coordinate, when needed, repairs and maintenance of building.
- Assist production staff as required.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Ensure all jobs are performed per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training facilities personnel at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and buildings and wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ensure that hazardous material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational School a plus
- Valid Class C driver’s license and ability to driver larger vehicles required
- One year experience in facilities maintenance preferably in manufacturing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess basic facilities maintenance ability.
- Familiar with use of PC based computer including Outlook.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various hand tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Basic electrical knowledge with ability to diagnose 12V and 110V electrical systems.
- Ability to diagnose and repair plumbing and sewer and drain issues.
- With assistance ability to diagnose and repair HVAC issues.
Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue,
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, boredom, intense tasks
Occasionally: Smelling, Driving
Frequently: Lifting 100 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment).
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment).
Occasionally: Works alone, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions
Frequently: Electrical equipment.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others day, works outside shiftwork, extended,
Occasionally: Reading (simple), writing (simple), memorization, analyzing, math skills (simple).
Frequently: Writing (simple), judgement, reasoning.
Constantly: Decision making,
Occasionally: Telephone, vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment, protective devices, protective clothing.
Frequently: Hand tools, power tools, heavy equipment
Constantly: Vehicles, facilities equipment