Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Human Resources Generalist provides support for the Operations such as recruiting and selection for open positions, administration of affirmative action and salary guidelines, training, and performance management by working in partnership with other functional leaders and the National HR team. Ensure that human resource activities support the Service Vision and Values.
- Responsible for HR administration including, but not limited to HRIS data entry and recordkeeping.
- Conducts employee relation investigations when needed, including interviewing, documenting investigations and assisting leadership in corrective actions as needed.
- In conjunction with the Leadership Team, develops and executes proactive strategies that enhance employee morale, lower turnover, meet financial needs of the Company, and provide a consistent strategy.
- Handles leaves of absence (LOA) administration including minimizing potential negative impact of employee mandated leaves. Maintenance of database, tracking of leave and customer follow up.
- Assists employees with benefits, records, employment or training-related questions.
- Keeps local management apprised of issues that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Meets with front line employees to provide annual Mandatory Meeting review for subjects including but not limited to, Harassment Prevention; Workplace Violence; Anti-Hazing policies and review process.
- Assists Recruiting Team with job posting, scheduling interviews and extending offers.
Education/Licensing/Certification: HS Diploma or GED. Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Human Resources, Business, Sociology, or Public Policy preferred. PHR preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience in employee relations, employment law and labor relations.
Knowledge and Skills: Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.