We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Dispatchers receive critical medical transportation requests and relay that information to the medical crew serving the region. The candidates for this position must be able to work under pressure and remain calm. A higher than average attention to detail is required and the individual must be able to maintain sharp focus. Our Dispatchers are responsible for demonstrating competencies in operating all radios, information systems, and any related equipment associated with the Communications Center.
• Meets customer needs in a prompt, professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
• Serves as a resource for our program partners.
• Excellent telephone skills and etiquette.
• Emergency Medical Dispatch certification
• EMT-B, or Paramedic certification
• Proficient in any industry accepted dispatch software.
• Strong customer service skills with a high level of professionalism
• Ability to remain calm during highly stressful situations
• Ability to adapt and respond appropriately to evolving work demands
• Detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to function in a fast paced, at times high stress, work environment
• Ability to have situational awareness with numerous units and situations
• Computer literate
Working Conditions and Mental/Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to perform job duties in a fast paced environment
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Hearing: Perceiving the nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
• Attention divided between issues requiring multi-tasking
• Able to supervise, train and lead other employees
• Deal with emergency and time sensitive situation on an ongoing basis
• Able to perform under circumstances of emotional stress
• Ability to make quick and accurate critical decisions
• Copying: transcribing, entering, or posting data.
• Comparing: judging the readily observable functional, structural, or compositional characteristics of Compiling: gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
• Analyzing: examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
• Coordinating: determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data. May include prioritizing multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
Guiding Values and Behaviors:
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
The Company offers benefit eligible employees medical, dental and vision coverage as well as Paid Time Off, disability plans, paid holidays and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary: $19.00 - $20.43