We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Dispatchers receive critical medical transportation requests and relay that information to the medical crew serving the region. The candidates for this position must be able to work under pressure and remain calm. A higher than average attention to detail is required and the individual must be able to maintain sharp focus.
Essential Functions/Duties: Customer Service • Meets customer needs in a prompt, professional, courteous, and respectful manner. • Serves as a resource for our program partners. • Excellent telephone skills and etiquette. Flight Following • Clear, concise radio communications using appropriate radio etiquette which complies with FCC regulations. Teamwork • Represents Flight Com to both internal and external customers. • Works well with staff in the Communications Center. • Ensures integrity of both internal and externally reported data through accurate data entry. • Maintains current knowledge of disaster response processes and participates in evacuation exercises.
What we can offer you:
Flexible schedule - day and night shifts (10-12 hours)
401(k) with Company match
Employee Discount Programs
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance available for full-time employees
Our Dispatchers must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
• Must be able to perform job duties in a fast paced environment
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Hearing: Perceiving the nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
• Able to perform under circumstances of emotional stress
• Ability to make quick and accurate critical decisions
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled