POSITION TITLE: Vehicle Service Technician (Non-Mechanic)
POSITION: Part-time Only
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB LOCATION: Burlingame, CA
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is responsible for ensuring that all ambulances are “response ready” for the field crews coming in for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and increasing the quality and delivery of our services to the crews and our patients. The delivered product is a clean vehicle inside and outside, well stocked shelves/bags and functioning equipment. It is important that the product produced is maintained to the highest standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vehicle inventory check/control of supplies and equipment.
- Clean inside and outside of ambulance(s), including patient compartment.
- Clean patient moving and other equipment.
- Restock ambulance supplies, medication, batteries, equipment, etc.
- Mechanical check vehicles, fluid(s), belts, tires, pressure, battery, etc. and record info.
- Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
- Requisition supplies for replacement.
- Inform Supervisor of breakdowns and cause of equipment failure for repair.
- Inform fleet maintenance of breakdowns and cause/reallocate ambulance to crew and keep accurate log.
- Document condition of ambulance turned in and schedule ambulance preparedness for shift personnel.
- Document and maintain equipment/medication/supply tracking log(s).
- Validate and log medication hand-over logs.
- Must always be professional and appropriately dressed.
- Respond to daily phone inquiries from crews/supervisors regarding status of ambulances, crews or fulfill supply requests.
- Performs routine checks, preparation, and appropriate disposal of bio-medical equipment.
- Performs laundry duties.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties assigned or required.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work under time constraints with good record keeping skills.
- Ability to successfully complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check (including motor vehicle report, education and employment history).
- Valid State of Tennessee Driver License (Class D).