JOB TITLE: Cooperstown Dreams Park –Certified First Responder
REPORTS TO: Cooperstown Dreams Park Health Director
LOCATION: Cooperstown, NY
The Cooperstown Dreams Park Infirmary is staffed 24 hours per day by New York State certified medical professionals. Employment will run from mid-May to the end of August 2020.
The AMR Certified First Responder (CFR) responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Camp Arrival health form review
- Establishment of health needs of campers during arrival time
- Overall health & well-being of campers, staff, faculty, and visitors
- Medication intake and administration
- Illness and injury management
- Activation of urgent care or higher level of care if needed
- Communication with camper parents
- Healthcare documentation
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniform standards
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with all camp personnel
- Adheres to medical treatment protocol
- Patient population of children ages 9-13 years of age
- Originates, updates, and/or monitors healthcare, maintains records, implements health plans as needed
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certified First Responder training and certification as required by State of New York
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
Knowledge and Skills:
- Pediatric or camp experience preferred
- Ability to manage health forms and paperwork
- Effective oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Hard-working, enthusiastic and committed to the safety and well-being of campers
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a camp setting and interacting positively with other camp staff.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. American Medical Response reserves the right to modify position descriptions, policies, or any other procedural documents at any time, for any reason, without prior notice. AMR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.