American Medical Response (AMR)
Summary : Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Support Supervisor will be responsible for assuring full and appropriate staffing of units for all field employees as well as accurately processing payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily work schedule for field employees.
- Coordinate floater utilization and activation.
- Coordinate staffing for special events, ride-alongs and stand-bys.
- Notify communications, deployment planner and management team of lost unit hours and units placed out of service.
- Record sick calls and assure staffing of all unit openings.
- Maintain master schedule for field and supervisory personnel.
- Distribution of ALS/BLS overtime.
- Code and enter attendance information and lost unit hours.
- Process time off requests and record on schedule.
- Initiate process requests for leave of absence.
- Process shift bids.
- Prepare transitional/special schedules for shift transfers.
- Maintain certification and qualification records.
- Assist field personnel with scheduling and payroll issues.
- Assure full and appropriate staffing of units to minimize lost unit hours.
- Daily payroll verification and accurate processing of payroll and PTO data.
- Initiate Personnel Action Notice for all employee status changes.
- Provide customer service to field employees.
- Initiate and receive telephone calls.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the Scheduling staff, applying fundamentals of leadership and supervision while promoting teamwork.
- Perform or coordinate fair and impartial investigation of incidents, personnel matters, complaints, and ensure their timely resolution.
- Hire, promote, evaluate, discipline, and terminate employees as per AMR policy.
- Evaluate personnel in the performance of their duties. Provide counseling, remedial training or disciplinary measures as necessary.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations if applicable, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results.
- Assist in driving performance management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. Minimum of 18 years of age.
- At least two years administrative experience, which includes previous experience working independently, prioritizing, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including: Word and Excel). Must type 35 wpm. Must have strong organizational skills. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including telephone call processing.