*NEW GROUND AMBULANCE SERVICE, OPENING MARCH 2021*
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost, and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The mission and purpose of the Paramedic is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
- Drive the ambulance and provide map-reading support to minimize call response time.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications.
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE.
- Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
- Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
- Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
- Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members (including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE is meeting their needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in community programs to maintain LIFEGUARD AMBULANCE image and establish strong community relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience in a health care system is preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- State Paramedic Certification
- Current ACLS, BCLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract)
- Other certifications as required by local City, County or State
The knowledge, skills and abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening and comprehension abilities
- Adaptability to quickly evolving situations
- Strong decision making
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The working conditions as well as physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays, extended workdays.
- Long periods inside the ambulance.
- May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather.
- Possible routine exposure to moderate noise levels.
- May periodically work in poorly lit environments in a moving vehicle
- Must be willing to shave facial hair (if needed) to fit a N95 mask
- Moderate to extended amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Some repetitive motion activities.
- Routinely lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying, typing and stair climbing.
- Visual identification of color-coded items.
- Clear speech and hearing.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations.
- Compassion and empathy.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.