Job title: Program Assistant I
Supervisor: Program Manager
General summary of duties: Functions as Program Assistant for the NCTI EMS Program campus.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Job responsibilities and knowledge
- Greets visitors on-site and provides program information as requested.
- Participates in the student registration process.
- Types a variety of documents including memos, letters, reports, and other materials.
- Handles incoming calls, including routing to the appropriate individual.
- Maintains student files as assigned, including immunization records and progress evaluations.
- Prints/copies documents as needed.
- Compiles and prints reports as directed or as needed for tracking or reporting purposes.
- Files correspondence as appropriate: electronic or hard copy.
- Maintains accurate records and files on courses, students, and programs.
- Sorts incoming mail.
- Attends meetings as requested. Composes a draft of minutes as requested.
- Assists staff with schedules and coordination of instructors for the various courses and programs offered by NCTI.
- Assists faculty with clinical and field tracking as requested.
- Maintains database information on Program graduates to include contact information and employment.
- Assists the Program Director with the distribution and return tracking for the post-graduation surveys.
- Assists with equipment organization and maintenance.
- Participates in the maintenance of the facility appearance.
- Consistently completes assignments with a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within the organization based on experience and feedback obtained during the year.
- Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when dealing with issues identified.
- Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely manner.
- Interacts positively with staff members, agency personnel, and students.
- Serves as an ambassador for all programs.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding patient and agency personnel information.
- Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource management strategies.
- Participates in the maintenance of Program office supplies.
- Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as necessary to expedite Program needs.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Cooperates with intradepartmental problem identification and solutions.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information gained as result of job functions.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Demonstrates accuracy and proficiency in use of computer and software programs used by the Program.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- High School or GED diploma required
- EMT or Paramedic certification/licensure preferred
- Experience with front office functions preferred.
- Two years of experience in front office/customer service functions preferred.
Licensure/certification: Certified EMT or Paramedic
Physical demands/working conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times.