Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is responsible for ensuring that all ambulances are “response ready” for the field crews coming in for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and increasing the quality and delivery of our services to the crews and our patients. Participate in tasks related to serving our county contracts as related to medical supplies to meet all necessary requirments .
• Vehicle inventory check/control of supplies and equipment.
• Clean ambulances inside and outside.
• Restock ambulance supplies daily.
• Ensure deep cycling of monitor batteries as required.
• Mechanical check vehicles, fluid, window washer fluid.
• Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
• Requisition supplies for replacement.
• Inform Supervisor of breakdowns and cause of equipment failure for repair.
• Inform fleet maintenance of breakdowns and cause/reallocate ambulance to crew and keep accurate log.
• Document condition of ambulance turned in and schedule ambulance preparedness for shift personnel.
• Update “crew in service” information on computer for equipment tracking.
• Must be professional and appropriately dressed at all times.
• Respond to daily phone inquiries from crews and supervisors to help facilitate coordination between departments.
• Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for strictly following all accountability processes for all equipment
• Required to make daily routes to EMS crews and various stations.
• Minor IT Troubleshooting
• Maintain clean, well maintained facility
• Complete and accurately document full inventory or items.
• Documentation which includes the use of inventory software, Microsoft Word and Excel with proficiency
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Some related experience preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Basic Microsoft Office knowledge
• Ability to work under time constraints
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Valid State Drivers License | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Occasionally: Works alone, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions (human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue, and asbestos), electrical equipment, and extended day.
• Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others, and works inside.
• Occasionally: Smelling, lifting 70 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on gurney, driving ambulance.
• Frequently: Reading, walking inside, visual inspection.
• Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, pushing, pulling, reaching, and sitting.
• Frequently: Analyzing, decision making
• Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing skills, clerical, memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills, judgment, reasoning.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Operations Supervisor/Operations Manager
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!