Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical professionals and leaders! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. JOB SUMMARY Purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day operations and to meet the values, guiding principles, operating and strategic goals of GMR. The Operations Manager will work with and lead all members of the local team to develop, implement and maintain necessary reports and documentation to ensure compliance with established operational goals and objectives, and make financial decisions in accordance with his/her assigned fiscal and volume budgets. This leader is responsible for various departments, which may include network and care coordination, depending on the market served. In addition, she/he must support the GMR values through demonstrated actions. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES • Demonstrate that internal customers are as valuable as external customers; project appreciation and respect for all team members. • Analyze markets and develop plans which match the supply of out-of-hospital healthcare services appropriately to meet customer demands • Ensure optimal service levels to agencies, hospitals, and the medical community. Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction, modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of customer service. • Negotiate contract provisions and modifications. Participate in the resolution of issues with members of community and political groups and other agencies. • Keep current on industry trends that have potential impact on the division. • Plan, control and monitor operating budgets for assigned areas of responsibilities. • Participate in marketing activities and business development to increase revenues and decrease costs. • Prepare and analyze financial and other data reports. Make modifications to operations to contain costs. • Direct and integrate clinical management. • Design, implement and maintain processes to maximize quality of operations. • Ensure compliance with GMR policies and procedures. • Ensure continuous quality improvement through clinical management, communications center, and protocol interaction. • Establish a program for disaster planning and take control of situations as needed during times of disaster. • Interact with other emergency relief providers: public and private. • Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon communicated goals and strategies for the region, and clearly communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate employees. • Manage the recruitment, retention, development, and formal recognition of employees. • Provide direction, clarity of expectations and coaching to supervision. • Manage employee performance by setting and communicating standards, measuring results and providing feedback. • Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and increasing effectiveness. • Participate in the resolution of labor disputes and ensure effective relationships with union representatives. • Ensure consistent and fair treatment of employees. • Role model appropriate behavior with regard to GMR Vision and Guiding Principles. • Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA, EEO, and other applicable local, state, and federal laws governing business and employee relations. • Modify jobs or roles of supervisor and field employees to increase job satisfaction and employee development. • Actively develop, train and promote the use of work teams for process improvement. • Ensure effective, timely and cost-efficient contract administration. • Volunteer in community activities to increase the image of the division and GMR. • Share information with others in the region, other GMR operating companies, and Corporate, to increase the use of best practices. • Monitor and make appropriate modifications in processes to manage success measures. • Implement changes to integrate operational initiatives associated with organizational strategy. • Establish plans and implement specific actions to assist in the quick, effective integration of new companies into the GMR family. • Ensure effective risk management (e.g., workers’ compensation, safety) through proactive education and training programs. • Manage inventory (including the fleet of vehicles) in a cost-effective manner. • Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of available resources. • Moderate travel to assigned areas of responsibility • Adhere to all company policies and procedures. • Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems. • Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures • Perform other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS Experience: • Minimum of Three (3) years experience general management experience • Minimum of Two (2) years experience in EMS Education: • Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare or other appropriate field of study is preferred Skills: • Effecitive oral, written, and interpersonal communications • Effictive internal and external customer service experience Credentials/Licenses: • Current State EMT/Paramedic License • BLS and ACLS Certifcation (AHA only) | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
• This position may require driving an emergency vehicle throughout shifts of varying durations (up to 24 hours), use of stretchers, ventilators and other medical equipment; walking on uneven or slippery ground depending on the location in which the transport occurs; exposure to red lights and sirens on ambulance and other emergency responder vehicles; exposure to various weather conditions, day and evening shifts; potential exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals (e.g. idling ambulances, responding to vehicle accidents); working at heights and/or in confined spaces (depending on the call); and potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, known and unknown medical conditions (protective materials are provided and precautions are required).
• Hearing: Must be able to hear and understand information provided by patients, family or bystanders; must be able to hear breath sounds and accurately determine auscultated blood pressures; must be able to differentiate separate conversations in active, distracting environments; must be able to hear and understand radio traffic when responding with lights and sirens.
• Speech: Must be able to speak and enunciate clearly and at a level audible to others in loud conditions, must be able to speak clearly in stressful situations, must be able to verbally communicate with patients, families and other emergency personnel.
• Vision: Requires ability to identify and distinguish colors, clear vision at 20 inches or less (close vision) and clear vision at 20 feet or more (distant vision), peripheral and depth vision, as well as ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for responding to calls, treatment and transportation of patients, and interaction with family members, facility personnel, and others. Must be able to handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis, including high pressure trauma scenes. Personal maturity and sound judgment are important attributes. Must be able to relate, communicate and interact with people at all levels within the Company and at customer facilities, as well as with people of diverse backgrounds, age levels ranging from infant to senior, disparate levels of comprehension, and potentially dealing with confused and agitated patients or family members. Requires ability to analyze, evaluate, compare, and compile information, and the ability to coordinate, communicate, and instruct.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Regional Director
If your passion is to help shape the next generation of EMS professionals while gaining leadership experience , apply today!