Job Title: Community Education Coordinator
Reports To: Community Education Manager
Department: Community Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Coordinates and participates in community health education and injury prevention programs and projects required by the ambulance provider contract, ensuring contract compliance for the communities we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess injury data and current health concerns within the communities we serve. Work with County Health Department/EMS Office, community partners, and AMR’s Community Education Department to develop a targeted health education program plan.
- Assist in the development, delivery, and evaluation of formative community education programs for AMR NW.
- Participate/plan/coordinate community events and/or AMR’s participation in events including health fairs, safety fairs, displays and exhibits.
- Assist in seeking out grant funding opportunities and grant writing for community education/injury prevention projects.
- Coordinate community education requests from EMS agencies, allied healthcare organizations, community partners, internal and external customers and AMR’s Community Education Department.
- Attend area public education coalitions and organization meetings.
- Support AMR’s BLS Community Training Center by:
- Scheduling/teaching BLS CPR classes to meet contract compliance and requests
- Coordinating AMR’s participation with community PAD programs
- Scheduling training facilities and coordinating the use of equipment.
- Assisting with the coordination of mass CPR training programs in the community
- Prepare letters/memos/ reports/meeting & committee minutes, etc. as needed
- Create educational and promotional materials and presentations (flyers, Power Point, etc)
- Promote community education events externally and internally and maintain community events calendar.
- Maintain accurate records of community education activities and assist with preparing annual reporting documentation to demonstrate contract compliance.
- Participate in RFP processes and proposal writing as needed
- PIO (Public Information Officer) duties as assigned
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with an EMT or Paramedic Certification and experience in Public Health/Community Education/ or teaching degree and experience OR a Candidate with a degree in Community Health Education/Public Health and some experience working in public health programs.
- HS Diploma required. AHA BLS Instructor Certification and Child Passenger Safety Technician certifications helpful.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination or valid exemption
- Teaching or presenting experience and/or prior community education experience. Prior Public Relations, Media Relations and/or Community Relations experience helpful.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
NOTE REGARDING COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and joining the GMR family, new hires will be required to submit a COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.