Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Utilize intermediate mechanical knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing. Install various vehicle interior/exterior components including basic 12V and 110V wiring, lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components. Lead and educate component installers and others as required.
• Installation of all vehicle interior/exterior components including basic 12V and 110V wiring, lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components.
• Assist with assembly of harnesses, cables, switch panels, consoles, circuit boards, and a variety of different electrical components.
• Assist with installation of modems, radios and other electronics.
• Trace and identify wiring and diagnose as needed.
• Research and develop information independently.
• Read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams, instructions and manuals.
• Ensure parts and components and electrical components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
• Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
• Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
• Function with a minimal or no supervision.
• Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
• Assist in training installers at all skill levels.
• Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
• Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
• Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
• Will be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Vocational School a plus.
• ASE, EVT, AWS and or I-CAR certifications a plus.
• Valid Class C drives license and inability driver larger emergency vehicles.
• Three years’ experience in aircraft, automotive, emergency vehicle or other transportation based manufacturing or equivalent experience.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
• Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
• Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
• Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
• Internal and external customer service skills.
• Experience with fleet maintenance software (RTA).
• Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
• Possess intermediate mechanical ability.
• Familiar with use of PC based computer including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to use basic mathematics.
• Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
• Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
• Intermediate electrical knowledge with ability to diagnose 12V and 110V electrical systems. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS • Occasionally: Smelling, lifting 70 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on gurney, driving ambulance.
• Frequently Reading, walking inside, visual inspection.
• Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, pushing, pulling, reaching, and sitting
• Frequently: Analyzing, decision making
• Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing skills, clerical, memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills, judgment, reasoning.
• Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, patient care
• Frequently: Repetitive tasks, intense tasks, busy environment.
• Constantly: High pressure.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Emergency Vehicle Component Installation Lead
Interrelationships: Fleet Manager, Regional Director, Operations Manager, Technician EMV Component Installation 2 and 3.
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!