The mission and purpose of this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality patient care in a professional manner. This position is to respond to requests for medical treatment and offer security services for the community. Patrol facility or man post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered
- Adheres to medical treatment protocol
- Uses / operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients.
- Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs and address numbers.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
- Guard, Patrol, or monitor premises to prevent safety hazards, theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
- Circulates among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Responds to Emergency Situations and investigate disturbances.
- Provides customer service in accordance with company established standards and expectations.
- Makes immediate reports to designated company and client personnel.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security/safety of premises.
- May be required to operate company or client owned vehicles, providing safe and efficient transportation as required.
- May be requested to perform other duties as assigned and/or directed.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible to work scheduled and non/scheduled hours as required.
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by State or County to which assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current valid State of Colorado Driver’s License.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.