JOB SUMMARY: Director of Operations
Manage day-to-day operations and to meet the values, guiding principles, operating and strategic goals of Global Medical Response. The Director Operations (I), must work to meet the business objectives of the organization by ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction. This is achieved through positive community relations, retaining a profitable market share and driving GMR customer growth. Success can be realized by ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction, developing/retaining profitable market share, increasing non-acquisition growth, and embracing GMR’s mission.
• Demonstrate that internal customers are as valuable as external customers; project appreciation and respect for all team members.
• Analyze markets and develop plans which match the supply of out-of-hospital healthcare services appropriately to meet customer demands.
• Ensure optimal service levels to agencies, hospitals, and the medical community. Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction, modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of customer service.
• Negotiate contract provisions and modifications. Participate in the resolution of issues with members of community and political groups and other agencies.
• Keep current on industry trends that have potential impact on the organization.
• Plan, control and monitor operating budgets for assigned areas of responsibilities.
• Participate in community education activities and business development to increase operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Prepare and analyze financial and other data reports. Make modifications to operations to contain costs.
• Integrate clinical management practices into operational activities
• Design, implement, and maintain processes to maximize quality of operations.
• Ensure compliance with organization policies and procedures.
• Ensure and support continuous quality improvement through clinical management, communications center, and protocol interaction.
• Coordinate with related stakeholders to develop and manage disaster planning and fulfill responsibilities as needed during times of disaster.
• Interact with other emergency relief providers: public and private.
• Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon communicated goals and strategies for the organization, and clearly communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate employees.
• Manage the recruitment, retention, development, and formal recognition of employees.
• Provide direction, clarity of expectations, and coaching to supervision.
• Manage employee performance by setting and communicating standards, measuring results, and providing feedback.
• Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and increasing effectiveness.
• Participate in the resolution of labor disputes and ensure effective relationships with employee representatives as needed.
• Ensure consistent and fair treatment of employees.
• Role model appropriate behavior with regard to organization Vision and Guiding Principles.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with applicable laws governing business and employee relations.
• Modify jobs or roles of supervisor and field employees to increase job satisfaction and employee development.
• Actively develop, train, and promote the use of work teams for process improvement.
• Ensure effective, timely, and cost-efficient contract administration.
• Monitor and make appropriate modifications in processes to manage success measures.
• Implement changes to integrate operational initiatives associated with organizational strategy.
• Ensure effective risk management through proactive education and training programs.
• Manage inventory (including the fleet of vehicles) in a cost-effective manner.
• Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of available resources.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma, current County EMT Certification, current State-approved CPR Certification, current BLS card, current Driver’s License.
Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or an appropriate field of study is desired with a minimum of five years experience in general management (including financial management and employee supervision). Must be able to demonstrate an effective track record of cultivating relationships with both an internal and external customer base. Likewise, a minimum of five years of EMS management operations experience will be required. Applicant will also posses effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
• Frequently: Works alone, face-to-face contact with others.
• Constantly: Works around others, verbal contact with others, inside.
• Occasionally: Walking inside, carrying no greater than 25 pounds, kneeling, stooping, bending, and leaning.
• Frequently: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, typing.
• Constantly: Sitting, seeing, reading.
• Occasionally: Analyzing, simple math skills, judgment, and decision-making.
• Frequently: Simple writing and math skills
• Constantly: Simple reading, clerical
Occasionally: Terminal, facsimile, computer/typewriter, keyboard
Frequently: Telephone, cell phone.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Regional Director of Operations
Interrelationships: Operations/Operations Management
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled