AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: Dispatch Associate, Part-Time
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
Under the supervision of the Communications Supervisor, the Dispatcher is responsible for receiving and dispatching emergency and non-emergency calls to all field units staffed by Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, Critical Care Transport RN, Wheelchair Technicians, and Fire Department resources utilizing a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes sophisticated system status management computer system which monitors, updates, and controls the location and movement of units.
- Receives incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and promptly ascertains proper levels of response, allocates resources to match dynamic system demands and input applicable information into the CAD system.
- Dispatches and maintains radio communications with wheelchair, BLS, CCT, ALS units, and Fire Department resources.
- Monitors and documents response times of units.
- Fulfill OES, CDF, and USFS work orders for out of county Strike Teams and Task Forces.
- Update National Fire Resource Center / FEMA Form 209’s online and manually.
- Utilizes and maintains professional communications skills with all employees and customers including patients, facilities and public service agencies.
- Completes and submits daily status reports regarding unusual incidents to Communications Supervisor.
- Monitors system performance and communicates system demands to field employees.
- Assists in the collection of data for patient billing purposes.
- Responsible for Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Periodically ride a shift on an ALS ambulance, QRV, fire engine, paramedic engine, or ladder truck.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to provide an online Typing Certificate of 35+ WPM
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
- At least 6 months of prior work experience with phone and customer service duties
- CAD and data entry experience
- Knowledge of the county’s geography
- Effective oral/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- At least two years of progressive experience within a high-profile EMS or Fire Dispatch system preferred.
- Current certificate holder of CPR for Healthcare Provider, ICS 100, ICS 200, ICS-300, NA/EMD, and NA/EFD preferred.
- Experience as an EMT, Paramedic, or Firefighter preferred. Experience with Intergraph Public Safety CAD system or ModuCom Radio consoles preferred.
NECCESSARY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Skilled in reading and writing English.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone.
- Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
- Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
- Ability to understand basic computer applications.
- Color Vision: must have the ability to distinguish and identify different colors.