Job Description Summary : We invite you to join our team by supporting our highly skilled medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
This position provides high-quality transportation services to behavioral health care patients from their homes, hospitals, and other various locations. Drivers are responsible for maintaining accurate and complete paperwork.
The responsibilities of this position consist of, however not limited to, the following:
• Be knowledgeable of the entire Crisis Drivers’ operation and Guide, including the use of vehicles, mapping and car seats.
• Ensure all vehicles have required supplies:
-Protective gloves and HEPA masks
• Maintain a safety work attitude, utilizing defensive driver techniques by following defensive driver safety guidelines. This includes:
o Providing patient/client care and securely handling patients by using the proper safety procedures.
o Properly securing wheelchairs when applicable.
o Utilize Crisis Prevention Intervention Training when necessary.
o Be knowledgeable and follow the rules of child restraints.
o Provide high customer service with all clients. Maintain a professional and respectful attitude to our clients, their families, case managers and vendors.
o Assist PD on domestic violence calls.
o Assist clients to and from detox facility.
o Be knowledgeable on the proper usage of protective equipment and supplies.
o Complete Vehicle Checkoffs prior to the start of shift.
o Ensure assigned vehicle is clean on the inside and out. Pick-up trash prior to returning vehicle.
o Maintain a smoke-free environment in company vehicles and at the offices. communications with Network Dispatch as needed.
o Be knowledgeable of the area.
o Attendants are responsible for the care of the patient during the trip.
• Filling out appropriate paperwork including proper documentation for billing and signature.
• Follow procedures on proper decontamination of the unit and equipment.
• Follow Company Driver’s Dress Code.
• Ensure all paperwork is complete, accurate and turned in at the end of the working day.
• Understand and follow Company policies and procedures, as stated in Employee. Handbook and/or in communications with management.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Experience: No experience necessary. Background in EMS or Behavioral Health is preferred.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent GED
Age: All employees must be at least 18 years old
Must be enrolled in EMT school and complete within 6 months of hire date (obtain EMT State Cert. within 90 days of completing EMT school)
Must upgrade to EMT-B position within 30 days of successfully passing NREMT Exam.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Employee must be able to:
• Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Read, write, spell and orally communicate clearly in English.
• Do basic math and working knowledge of fractions
• Work independently.
• Be a good team player.
• Understand customer service internally and externally.
• Be safety conscious.
• Use sound judgment.
• Make quick decisions and solve problems.
• Utilize time management - prioritizing and planning.
• Demonstrate good organization.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Approved by our insurance company as a driver.
• Must be certified to drive 15-passenger and wheelchair vans. (ComTrans only)
• Certification in at least one of the following:
o Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) card.
o Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification card.
o Caregiver Certification card.
o CPR and First Aid Certified. May be obtained during orientation if you do not have these certifications.
o Pass DOT physical.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Effectively communicate. Speak clearly and listen.
• Be able to stand; climb stairs; walk clients to and from their destination; stoop; kneel; crouch; and reach, extending arms.
• Assist clients in getting in and out of a vehicle.
• Sit in a driving position from 1 to 12 hours.
• Crisis Drivers occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• Have specific vision abilities that include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Able to grasp objects such as steering wheel, car seats, etc.
• Able to get in and out of vehicles multiple times per day.
• Ability to carry, lift and install child seats into vehicles and secure children into child seats.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Outside in all types of weather, going to and from vehicle.
• Ability to work and deal with difficult clients while maintaining composure.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Program Manager for Crisis
Interrelationships: Partners with Dispatch and external customers.
If your passion is caring for people in need, this is the perfect opportunity to make a difference in your community. Apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled