AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: Senior Operations Supervisor, Full-Time (Exempt)
LOCATION: Concord, CA (Contra Costa County)
The Senior Operations Supervisor works with the Manager of Operations to ensure that all Field Supervisors, Support Services Department, Field Personnel, vehicles, and equipment operate in an efficient and effective manner. Educates, complies with, and enforces company policies and procedures. Makes supervisory decisions affecting the positive outcome of the company’s operations and takes appropriate disciplinary action when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain local, state, and federal regulator requirements to include employee certification tracking, Electronic Pull Notice (EPN) auditing, Workers Compensation claims and confidential medical record maintenance.
- Resolve issues/inquiries from field personnel regarding work assignments, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Respond on an ambulance as part of the EMS system to meet compliance standards and provide quality care.
- Develop coordinated teamwork between field crews as part of an integrated operation – clinical performance plan.
- Investigate and resolve incoming customer service inquiries from fire departments, hospitals, nursing staff, and patients pertaining to field employee performance and patient care.
- Approve or disapprove shift exchanges when proper notice of request has been given after normal business hours and forward the changes to the scheduling coordinator.
- Respond as necessary to Haz-Mat calls, calls involving unusual circumstances, or calls with more than two units responding.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts that may occur during shifts to ensure continuation of the highest level of service and forward those changes to the scheduler.
- Maintain knowledge of all company policies and regulations ensuring consistency in interpretation of such when dealing with employees and the general public.
- Maintain knowledge of current County EMS protocols and Regulations that govern the County EMS system.
- Maintain an “open door” policy to field employees and encourage crew members to discuss any issues and make suggestions for improvement.
- Participate with recruiting and new employee orientation.
- Act as a liaison between field personnel, Operations Manager, and Regional Director.
- Coordination of special event standbys and IAP development.
- Assist in day-to-day operations, resolving daily issues that may arise. Support and encourage field personnel, ensuring the standards of AMR are carried out in the field.
- Assist in the oversight of Support Services.
- Oversee Investigations and Employee Performance issues.
- Maintenance of staffing and seniority reporting.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Mentor employees, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
- Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures.
- Attend Information Systems security training, when offered.
- Report information systems security problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CA State Paramedic Certifications.
- Valid State Driver’s License (driving record must be in compliance with AMR's policy regarding insurability).
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong reasoning skills.