Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots, dispatchers and mechanics! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
- Job Summary- Physicians Transport Service (PTS)/Global Medical Response (GMR) provides industry leading clinical coordination and facilitation services to its client entities. The Call Center team supports these services by facilitating patient throughput via telecommunications, clinical documentation, clinical triage, and various software modalities. In order for the Call Center to operate effectively the Care Coordinator III must be highly organized, be able to communicate effectively in person and over multiple written and verbal electronic modalities. Furthermore, the Care Coordinator III works in a dynamic and team focused environment, so a collaborative attitude is a must. In addition, there must be a demonstrated proficiency in Call Center Operations, medical knowledge, and hospital capabilities while manifesting a commitment to the mission of the organization: to be patient focused, customer focused, and caregiver inspired.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES -
- Maintain neat, well organized, safe, and healthy work environment.
- Answer, intake, and mitigate calls for service on Specialty Lines.
- Interpret patient conditions, complaints, and diagnoses in order to route the patient to the correct sub-specialty service at client facilities.
- Coordinate with physicians, nurses, and other staff to affect smooth admission processes.
- Read, review, and interpret multiple documents requesting services.
- Interact with client facility staff over the telephone to intake calls.
- Maintain multiple data bases pertinent to their service line.
- Accurately input the calls for service in a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system when required
- Accurately searches and inputs patient information into client Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Document and report on activities throughout each shift on various spreadsheets, worksheets, and email formats.
- Notify management of problems, concerns, and compliments received in real time.
- Generates performance reports using computer software.
- Assume various shift supervisor duties during supervisor absence.
- If qualified for other positions, a candidate may be asked to fill in those roles.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed to support operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience- 2 years of inbound call center experience preferred
- Clinical education/experience equivalent to an EMT or higher preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Reliable form of transportation
- Able to operate effectively both individually and in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to sort, prioritize, and act on information received from various written and/or verbal sources
- Some knowledge of medical terminology
- Working conditions-
- Sit upright for long periods of time with intermittent standing breaks.
- Talk in person and on the telephone fir long periods of time.
- Operate in a noisy and sometime chaotic environment.
- Stoop, Crouch, Walk, and Stand occasionally.
- Read multiple computer monitors for long periods of time.
- Work in low-lighting conditions for long periods of time.
- Work overnight hours.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Call Center Manager and Shift Leads
If your passion is helping those in need when every second counts, apply today!