Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled EMS professionals, making a difference in the community every minute of every day!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the position contributes to the company’s success by assisting the Communications Manager in executing Communication Center operations during scheduled shifts. The incumbent in this job deploys Communication Center team members, delegates tasks, maintains oversight, direction, trains, and coaches so that team members can create and maintain the Company experience for our customers. This person will promote a positive working environment in the Communication Center, by modeling and acting in accordance with company values
• Provide leadership and direction in the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of operational goals.
• Accountable for center operations while managing a shift.
• Ensure that customers’ questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly according to complaint resolution processes. Address challenging customers and problems that require escalation outside of the department.
• Provides input into center staffing levels and decisions to ensure team member development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain Communication Center operational requirements.
• Communicate regularly with peer team and Communication Center Manager about operational issues, observations, insights, and suggestions. Communicates and behaves in a way that promotes a unified Communication Center management team.
• Provides coaching and direction to the team to take action and to achieve operational goals.
• Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manage smooth transitions thereafter to keep the center operating to established standards and to set a positive example for the Communication Center team.
• Achieve customer service goals and affect advancements in the quality and level of care provided by the staff at AMR.
• Establish and ensure positive working relationships with stakeholders outside the organization; co-responders, EMS Agencies, area hospitals, clinics, community health departments, regulatory entities, and allied organizations
• Ensure the organization meets or exceeds all governmental, regulatory and accreditation standards in all areas of day to day operations.
• Support and uphold all policies, procedures, and protocols associated with the operations of the Communications Center and AMR as a whole.
• Develops understanding of operational tools, systems, and processes to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the Communication Center.
• Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Ensures team members adhere to operational compliance requirements.
• Will act as an internal consultant by leading the design/redesign, development, implementation and monitoring of process improvement to enhance quality, operational performance and customer experience
• Maintain a positive working environment that attracts and retains high-quality staff.
• Establish and ensure the AMR organization adheres to prescribed standards of quality assurance and performance improvement.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the mission and values of AMR.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Twelve (12) months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers, i.e. call center, retail.
• At least six (6) months of experience directing the work of others, preferably providing guidance on call handling and service / dispatch processes; coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more team members in a call center, service, or retail environment.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Associates degree preferred
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, nights, weekend, and / or holidays.
• Demonstrated success in establishing a wide range of business and professional relationships.
• Coordinates consistent operations and leadership between all leadership team members.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and perform all dispatch and call taking functions at a high level.
• Certification as an IAED EMD preferred | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
• Work is performed primarily in an indoor office call center environment.
• Heavy phone and computer use.
• Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
• Constantly: Problem solving, decision making, reasoning.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Communications Manager
Interrelationships: Operations, External Agencies
If you have a passion for building a team and helping others grow, have the drive to succeed and the skills to deliver where every second counts, apply today!