The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and Company policies.
Las Vegas and North Las Vegas, Nevada
Not limited to:
• EMT Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other Company policies.
• Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing the duties of an EMT.
• Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the operation of emergency response vehicles.
• Maintains a driving record in compliance with Risk & Safety policy requirements.
• Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
• Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is in a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary; ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board .
• Reports immediately to the Supervisor any discrepancies in vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
• Notifies Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of the ambulance and equipment
• Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked, tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift.
• Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in Company policy.
• Reports problems or unusual occurrences immediately to the Supervisor.
• Fosters and maintains cooperative working relationships with peers, facility staff and public safety personnel.
• EMT will maintain complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
• Uses/operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
• EMT appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment of patients within protocol.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS:
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Field Operations Supervisor
Interrelationships: Operations Management and Administration
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled