Job Title: Dispatcher
Reports To: Communications Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Dispatcher I functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. The Dispatcher I will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by McCormick Ambulance) as a minimum standard of care.
• Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols.
• Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
• Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
• Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
• Other duties as defined by the formal job description
• Must have minimal medical training or telecommunications experience or, have at least one year's experience as an EMS or public safety dispatcher.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone. Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately. Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls. Ability to understand basic computer applications.
Occasionally: Walking-inside, reaching/handling, carrying less-than 25lbs., stooping
Constantly: Hearing/listening, talking, clear speech, simple touching/dexterity, typing, sitting, flexibility-upper body, seeing
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled