Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, helping to create the future of EMS!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Functions as an adjunct Instructor for identified courses. Instruction may include skill labs, coordinating patient care scenarios, content delivery. Courses may include EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, and/or standardized courses (IE ACLS, PALS, PHTLS).
• Ensures that practice and theory are current according to national standards and current evidence informed practice.
• Serves as an instructor/facilitator in skill labs and patient care scenarios using Program established teaching, evaluation, and testing tools.
• Maintains accurate documentation of student performance.
• Evaluates students in all three domains (cognitive, psychomotor, and affective) and provides feedback to students as appropriate and agreed upon with the Lead Instructor.
• Presents content for each course as mutually established with the Program Manager
• Supervises students in the clinical areas as scheduled in conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator, as assigned.
• Remains current with State and local EMS requirements, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains Instructor status for standardized courses as mutually agreed upon.
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within the organization based on experience and feedback obtained.
• Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when dealing with issues identified.
• Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely manner.
• Interacts positively with staff members and students.
• Serves as a role model for students.
• Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding student information.
• Executes assignments to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
• Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties.
• Assists staff with the maintenance of Program equipment.
• Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as necessary to expedite Program needs.
• Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
• Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
• Ability to deliver educational presentations applying principles of adult learning.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external parties.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information gained as result of position functions.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a field/clinical setting as an EMT or Paramedic
• Experience as an adjunct instructor preferred
• Associate degree preferred
• Completion of an approved Instructor course preferred, specifics as required by local governing authority
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Instructor of either PALS or PEPP or EPC preferred
• NREMT Preferred
• AHA BLS Instructor preferred
• AHA ACLS Instructor preferred
• PHTLS or ITLS Instructor preferred | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
• Work is performed in a variety of settings to include classroom and outdoor settings, and office environment.
• Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Work may be stressful at times.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
• EMS Program Manager
• Students, Staff
If your passion is passing on your knowledge and growing the next generation of EMS professionals, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled