Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate that internal customers are as valuable as external customers; project appreciation and respect for all team members.
- Analyze markets and develop plans which match the supply of out-of-hospital healthcare services appropriately to meet customer demands.
- Ensure optimal service levels to agencies, hospitals, and the medical community. Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction, modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of customer service.
- Negotiate contract provisions and modifications. Participate in the resolution of issues with members of community and political groups and other agencies.
- Keep current on industry trends that have potential impact on the division.
- Plan, control and monitor operating budgets for assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Participate in marketing activities and business development to increase revenues and decrease costs.
- Prepare and analyze financial and other data reports. Make modifications to operations to contain costs.
- Direct and integrate clinical management.
- Design, implement and maintain processes to maximize quality of operations.
- Ensure compliance with AMR/MedicWest policies and procedures.
- Ensure continuous quality improvement through clinical management, communications center, and protocol interaction.
- Establish a program for disaster planning and take control of situations as needed during times of disaster.
- Interact with other emergency relief providers: public and private.
- Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon communicated goals and strategies for the region, and clearly communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate employees.
- Manage the recruitment, retention, development, and formal recognition of employees.
- Provide direction, clarity of expectations and coaching to supervision.
- Manage employee performance by setting and communicating standards, measuring results and providing feedback.
- Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and increasing effectiveness.
- Participate in the resolution of labor disputes and ensure effective relationships with union representatives.
- Ensure consistent and fair treatment of employees.
- Role model appropriate behavior with regard to AMR/GMR Vision and Guiding Principles.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA, EEO, and other applicable local, state, and federal laws governing business and employee relations.
- Modify jobs or roles of supervisor and field employees to increase job satisfaction and employee development.
- Actively develop, train and promote the use of work teams for process improvement.
- Ensure effective, timely and cost-efficient contract administration.
- Volunteer in community activities to increase the image of the division and AMR/GMR.
- Share information with others in the region, other AMR/GMR operating companies, and Corporate, to increase the use of best practices.
- Monitor and make appropriate modifications in processes to manage success measures.
- Implement changes to integrate operational initiatives associated with organizational strategy.
- Establish plans and implement specific actions to assist in the quick, effective integration of new companies into the AMR family.
- Ensure effective risk management (e.g., workers’ compensation, safety) through proactive education and training programs.
- Manage inventory (including the fleet of vehicles) in a cost-effective manner.
- Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of available resources.
- Moderate travel to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development thatincluding but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or appropriate field of study, or equivalent level of related experience.
- Minimum of three years in general management experience, including employee supervision.
- Demonstrated effective track record cultivating relationships with internal and external Customer base.
- Minimum of two years’ experience related to emergency medical operations.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR/Medicwest policy regarding insurability.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Regional Director
If your passion is to help shape the next generation of EMS professionals while gaining leadership experience , apply today!