AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE
A Global Medical Response Solution
POSITION: Paramedic Basic, Part-Time
LOCATIONS: Sacramento, Placer (Rocklin), Yolo (West Sacramento) Counties
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
*Please upload color photos of the following to your Candidate Profile (within the Dashboard) in order to be considered. The title of each photo should reflect the type of document being submitted.
- Paramedic Certifications (CA State License, any current NEMSA accreditations, PALS or PEPP, ITLS or PHTLS, ACLS)
- BLS Provider Card
- CA Driver's License
- Ambulance Driver’s License
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Proof of vaccines to include: TDaP, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chicken Pox) and current season Influenza. Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccines in progress will be accepted.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Driving Record in compliance with AMR's pre-employment standards.
Some advanced education preferred.
Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
All applicants will need to successfully pass a "Physical Ability Test" (PAT) that would be administered as part of the pre-employment process.