Job Title: Coordinator Transport
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Job Status: Full-Time/Part-Time
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Transportation Coordinator (TC) will receive process and coordinate medical and non-medical transports as required for local healthcare systems and skilled nursing facilities. The TC will work closely with non-AMR personnel and interact directly with clinical and social work staff at various facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes information received from healthcare provider, patient, or family to coordinate medical and non-medical transportation.
- Recommends the appropriate unit(s) to respond, based upon the type of call, priority, and availability of unit(s).
- Asks pertinent questions to determine type of transport needed, billing information, and destination of transport.
- Communicates in writing and verbally with AMR Dispatch centers and Customer communications centers to ensure on time performance and quality customer service.
- Suggests routes for medical and non-medical units to follow.
- Interacts with AMR dispatch centers to ensure proper unit utilization.
- Reports unusual incidents to duty supervisors as appropriate.
- Prepares timely and accurate paperwork as required.
- Serves as Liaison between facility and AMR
- Assist PBS with any billing questions for facility
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Emergency clinical practices, procedures and protocols
- Familiarized with medical and other related emergency equipment
- Familiar with basic insurance requirements for ambulance transportation authorization
- Local geography
- General knowledge of computer.
Certification(s) and/or Licenses(s)
- City license where required
- State EMT/EMD Certification
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of EMS experience