Job Title: Intermediate Mechanic (Part-Time Available)
Reports To: Fleet Manager
Location: Santa Clarita/North Hollywood
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Entry level position: Performs light duty repairs on AMR fleet vehicles, assist senior mechanics and provides logistical support as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Light mechanical and electrical repairs on AMR vehicles.
- Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested.
- Provides logistical support for the department. Assists Front Line Mechanics as needed.
- Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Completes all required paperwork and documentation neatly, correctly, and on time using AMR repair orders.
- Uses maintenance data base to document all completed tasks / job assignments.
- Attend all mandatory Fleet related training.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Vehicles repaired correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Responds to changing departmental priorities.
- Quickly respond, diagnose and repair vehicles during road call situations.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Documentation complete and neat.
- Accurately account for all parts and materials.
- Maintain good working relationship with all personnel and professional conduct with outside contacts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of basic automotive experience or vocational training.
- Must have a basic set of personal tools.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member.
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters, various documents and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Regular and predictable attendance.