We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, making a difference every minute of every day!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Billing Coord position responsibilities are to submit accurate and timely claim billing and reports based on health plan, payor, or contract requirements. This also involves accounts receivable payment follow-up, appeals, and refunds if necessary.
• Complete health plan billings based on requirements.
• Determine the appropriate Level of Service and additional charges to be billed, based on supporting documentation on the Patient Care Report and/or in the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) notes.
• Verify that a Physician Certification Statement or a Letter of Medical Necessity has been received and contains the required information/signatures
• Make outbound calls as needed to obtain additional information on insurance coverage, patient demographics, and/or to verify inpatient or Part A status
• Compile proper paperwork and conduct appropriate research to appeal claim denials, including requests for refunds/credits when applicable.
• Review and monitor reimbursements due from different payors to determine appropriate collection methods.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with external customers.
• Resolve payment issues with carriers, (e.g. denials, partial payments, etc.)
• Review, modify, and re-bill rejected/denied claims.
• Assist Cash department on payor backup as needed for payments received.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Demonstrated familiarity with medical terminology and services.
• Previous experience in healthcare setting preferred
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• College level education preferred.
• Flexible, high achiever with ability to learn quickly and meet department goals and deadlines consecutively.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Organized, detail oriented with excellent follow through abilities.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and written.
• Strong alpha numeric data entry skills with a minimum of 35 WPM with a 90% accuracy rate.
• HIPPA Requirements.
• Work in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
• Convey a sense of competence and commitment.
• Use initiative to learn new skills, enhance personal knowledge and improve communications.
• Demonstrate ability to work well with team members.
• Demonstrate flexibility with shifting daily priorities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Work is performed in an indoor office environment.
• Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to listen and record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports
• Work may be stressful at times.
• e.g., Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Supervisor Billing
Interrelationships: Operations, Revenue, Billing
If your backround is in medical billing and you have the drive to succeed and the skills to deliver where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled