Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The CCT Nurse is an experienced, highly skilled, motivated, compassionate, and flexible clinician who administers exemplary patient care and provides exceptional leadership while facilitating the transport of critically ill or injured patients.
• Respond to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program standards.
• Autonomously guide the care of patients and safely get them to their destination utilizing exceptional critical thinking skills and solid clinical and operational knowledge.
• Provide high-quality routine and emergency nursing care of the transported patient in accordance with established protocols, clinical guidelines, and physician orders.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including (but not limited to) patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, Operations personnel, and CCT administration.
• Accurately complete supply, billing, and data collection forms as required.
• Document all assessment findings, physicians’ transport orders, therapeutic interventions administered, and patient responses per Patient Care Record policies.
• Ensure that equipment is in working order and transport vehicles are clean and fully stocked.
• Maintain knowledge of and remain compliant with all company policies and procedures, codes of safe practice, EMS protocols, and Critical Care Transport standards and guidelines.
• Maintain all required licensure and certifications.
• Attend and participate in all required staff meetings and training.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2 years of Critical Care experience (i.e. ICU, CCU, PACU, or ER).
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
• BSN or Bachelors in healthcare-related field preferred.
• Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
• Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement, and evaluate patient care activities.
• Ability to function independently and prioritize, delegate, and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care situations.
• Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
• Ability to pass a Physical Ability Test.
• Previous CCT experience preferred.
• Previous EMS experience preferred.
• State Registered Nursing License.
• ACLS, PALS, and BLS Provider Cards.
• State Driver’s License (Driving Record must be in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy – proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
• Professional critical care specialty certification (e.g. CEN, CCRN, CTRN, etc.) preferred | Job Description :
CRITICAL CARE TRANSPORT (CCT) NURSE FT
Location: Redlands, CA
Reports To: Critical Care Transport (CCT) Nurse Manager
Department: Field Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Thursday/Friday/Saturday and e/o Wednesday 5:00 am - 5:00pm
The Critical Care Transport (CCT) Nurse performs basic life support, advance life support and critical care nursing for patients with various and multiple diagnoses of all ages. The CCT Transport Nurse provides direct patient care to patients during the transport by following local EMS transport and treatment protocols. The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders of the physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse performs assessments, treats, and monitors patients during inter-facility transports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program protocols.
- Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the patient in the transport environment in accordance with established CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing orders, and under the medical control of the sending physician.
- Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric patient.
- Notes all physicians’ transport orders.
- Acts as a member of the Critical Care Transport Team by assisting the EMT's in the transfer of the patient from bed to gurney and back.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment checks.
- Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
- Completes documentation on Controlled Substances per CCT policy.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, EMT's, ALS/BLS Operations personnel and CCT administration.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and annual training.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications in accordance with company policy.
- Represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement and evaluate patient care activities.
- Ability to function independently; to prioritize, delegate and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care situations.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Minimum 2 years of ICU RN experience or 5 years ED/CCT/Cardiac/Trauma RN experience (Non-negotiable)
- Current ACLS, PALS, BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status.
- Valid Driver’s License
- PHTLS and NRP Provider Certification desired (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp
- IS-100B (ICS 100)
- IS-700A (NIMS)
- IS-800B (NIMS)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN, CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS