Job Title: Financial Analyst - Intermediate
Reports To: Regional Operating & Finance Officer
Department: AMR Southeast Region
Location: Birmingham, AL, Nashville, TN or Atlanta, GA
The Financial Analyst continuously pursues opportunities for operational efficiencies, streamlines financial reporting processes, and assists all levels of the organization with financial analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review data, reports and statistical information, analyze trends and render adjustments to priorities and operations to increase effectiveness
- Coordinates with Operations Management on identifying gaps, process issues or areas of concern during the business flow process. Determines potential loss of revenue or incurred expense associated with these issues
- Works with the Accounting Department during the monthly close process and prepares journal entries
- Develop a detailed understanding of contracts with clientele to ensure contractual requirements are being met.
- Prepare and present key executive summary analysis to Operations and South Region leadership
- Prepare and present budgets, forecasts, reporting, and analysis; providing insight and recommendations for cost savings or profitability improvement strategies
- Develop new reports and models as needed
- Provide continuous improvement of data collection, analytical processes and procedures
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to and comply with Information Systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report Information Systems security problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Two (2) years minimum experience in corporate finance required.
- Financial Statements, (e.g., balance sheet, income statement, statement of retained earnings, statement of cash flows)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization, project management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, Word and ERP systems is required.
- Self-starter and the ability to work unsupervised.